Flickr Badge

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Cheese

Yesterday went down to a neighbourhood shop to buy some New Zealand cheese. This stuff is interesting because you dont get these in your regular supermarket. They had a nice selection of cheeses. In the end, I bought about 160g of goats milk blue cheese. It has an interesting taste. Its slightly salty towards the center, but as you go towards the rind, the taste becomes less salty and stronger, probably influenced by the mold and the rind. It's similar to the other blue cheese that I've had in the past, but much more creamy, probably influenced by the goats milk. Nice combination.

I'm thinking of having some of this along with tea, as suggested in this article. Right now I'm thinking of having it with some earl gray tea that I have lying around, which should impart a flowery taste that should go well with the creaminess. I'm not sure if it will be strong enough for blue cheese. A better match might be a more bitter tea, but I dont have any with me right now.

Results of the experiment coming soon.

2 comments:

N said...

hi! i know this is 3 years late, but i read your post about buying cheese a long time ago and i was wondering if that was, in fact, in chennai, and if it is, if you could please please tell me where it is that you bought it! i'm american and i've been living here for a year and i miss good cheese! i have no idea where to find it, so any tips you have would be just lovely.

Siddhi said...

Hi Nivedita, actually I was in Singapore at that time :) Its pretty hard to find in Chennai. For a start try Nuts & Spices. Otherwise give me a couple of days and I'll try to find out if there are any other places.