Flickr Badge

Thursday, February 03, 2005

One year old

On 30th Jan, this blog became a year old. Wow, has it been so long already? Anyway, its time to celebrate. First, thanks to Raul for getting me started on this one year ago.

Anyway, I was going through some of my old sites, when I came across my old journal site (its still up!!) where I posted (sporadically) from December 2000 up to mid 2002. It feels kind of lame now. I guess you can call it a blog, though blog was not a recognized word then. I'm getting old ("Son, back in my time there were no blogs. We manually edited HTML in notepad and FTP'd it to the server on VSNL's dial up connections.").

Also, the site for the company I used to run with my friends way back in 1998 and 1999 has been archived by the wayback machine over here. Its kind of funny, in 1998 we had these pathetic Internet connections. Anyway, someone from Singapore wanted to get a website designed for some real estate project and they found us through our website. They had no idea we were college students of course. One day, on returning from college, we found these three guys at my home (they had no idea we were college students), and we were showing them our stuff over this pathetic 9600 baud Internet connection. When they asked why it was so slow, we made up something like "We optimise your site so much that its accessible for people on 9600 and this is to test that". lol. Needless to say, we never got that project.

4 comments:

Sachin said...

: )

wow! K .. you had a 'company' back in 98'
cool man...

: )

Siddhi said...

Well, its not exactly a company. Myself and 2 of my friends were doing part time work during college.

hatke said...

whoa!
Thanks to moi ?
just to keep it rhyming - here's a boa! :))

Damn! I'm getting poetic by the day! :-) Even though it's for a teeny weeny reason, I'll remember that :-D

Thankoo, my friend :-)

Siddhi said...

Thanks all.